Welcome to Year 3
STAR OF THE WEEK
Well done for another fantastic week Class 3! I have really enjoyed looking at all of your super work, as well as the extra activities that you have been completing. Congratulations to Isabelle!
- Please find the maths and English activities below.
- Please also ensure that your child completes at least 15 minutes of reading, spelling and times tables practice every day. I have included some different spelling activity ideas below.
- There will be a new pack of resources for other subjects (e.g. history, geography, science) put onto the website each week for your child to choose activities from if they wish.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email or message me on Dojo. Please ensure that you contact me at least once a week to let me know how your child is getting on. Many thanks, Miss Wilde.
Home learning activities for week commencing 6.7.20
This week is Summer Term, Week 11. Video links for this week are on the White Rose website (link below). Activity sheets and answers can now only be accessed from this page and not from the White Rose website. If your child is finding the activities too difficult/easy, please feel free to access the resources on the Class 2 or Class 4 website pages.
|Monday||Maths Day 1||Maths Day 1 answers|
|Tuesday||Maths Day 2||Maths Day 2 answers|
|Wednesday||Maths Day 3||Maths Day 3 answers|
|Thursday||Maths Day 4||Maths Day 4 answers|
Video links and Friday’s maths challenges can be accessed from the White Rose website: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/
- Website links
- spelling activities cards
- Extra challenges
- Lexia login: https://www.lexiacore5.com/?SiteID=4256-9397-6846-1511
- David Walliams’ free daily audio book. Click on ‘Elevenses with the World of David Walliams’: https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/
- Joe Wicks is streaming a live PE lesson at 9am every day, or you can watch it at a later time if you prefer. It doesn’t need much space or any equipment. This is today’s video, but other videos can be found by searching for ‘PE with Joe’ on YouTube.
Sharing what we’ve done at home
Class 3 had a brilliant time taking part in activities for Sport Relief. We took part in a sporty session, where we did a bouncy warm up jumping like kangaroos, and then we had a go at some rugby skills. In the afternoon, we took part in a sponsored Zumbathon- 30 minutes of non-stop Zumba! It was hard work but we had great fun.
We enjoyed having a visit from the Air Ambulance today. We learnt about the work they do during an assembly, and then we were able to sit in the Pod!
Class 3 have been learning about bones in the human body. We learnt some of the bones, and also the scientific names for them, and labelled them. We also had great fun using augmented reality on the iPad to see the bones inside our bodies!
Iron Age Roundhouses
To inspire our writing, we have enjoyed making Iron Age roundhouses. We are going to use this model to write instructions on how to make a roundhouse. We have learnt about the style of the houses, including information about wattle and daub. The finished models look fantastic!
Forest School and Team Building
Class 3 are having a great time either taking part in Forest School or learning new team building/problem solving games as part of PE.
At Forest School. the children have been making clay tree monsters, identifying trees and making artwork using natural resources.
During team building sessions, the children have taken part in activities such as following directions using compasses and trying team juggling.
Class 3 have been busy learning about the Stone Age. We have learnt about early humans, and some of the evidence that archaeologists have found at Star Carr, including antler head-dresses. which may have been worn by humans to camouflage themselves whilst hunting. We then made our own antler head-dresses!