At Colwich, we are continuing to nurture our children and deliver our curriculum through this challenging pandemic.
We are working hard to ensure that all our learners continue to flourish and grow whether they are in school or learning remotely.
On this page you will find all you need to know about our response to the pandemic. It demonstrates how we are keeping all our children, staff and families safe.
From Monday 20th January 2022:
- Learners will be able to mix across classes at playtime and lunchtime in larger key stage bubbles.
- Learners will be able to join together for events, like collective worship, in larger key stage bubbles.
- Staff will no longer wear face coverings in communal areas around the school.
From Monday 31st January 2022:
- Learners who have a positive case of Covid 19 within their household will no longer be requested to remain at home and isolate. Instead we will ask for daily confirmation of a negative lateral flow test for 7 days before attending school.
- Non-essential visitors will once again be permitted in school. All visitors will be asked to take a lateral flow test before attending.
Risk Assessment (up-dated 21.1.22)
This risk assessment is reviewed regularly.
Our remote learning policy has been designed using government guidelines as well as feedback from staff, parents and pupils.
Our expectations for pupils accessing remote learning can be found below:
- Remote Education Acceptable Use Policy (amended 19.11.20)
Getting started with Microsoft Teams
The Government has provided additional funding to schools in 2020-2021 to support pupils in catching up on lost learning during the school closures.
Details of how the school intends to spend this additional funding are outlined in the Catch-Up Premium Spending Plan below.