|At Colwich we aim to ensure that all our children’s lives are enriched through an inclusive and inspiring curriculum.
Whilst on their learning journey, children will encounter a curriculum that will challenge, nurture, engage and inspire them. It will promote curiosity, cross the barriers of difference and celebrate diversity. The learning journey will extend outside of the classroom, allowing children to experience a plethora of learning opportunities which will promote discussion, imagination and self-worth.
Our curriculum is underpinned by our Christian roots which will enable all our children to flourish. It aims to ensure that children leave us as confident, curious and resilient life-long leaners who are ready to fulfil their God given potential whatever the future brings.
Implementing our vision
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum to ensure that children are fully prepared for an ever-changing society and allows all children to engage with all subjects and find those areas where they can truly
- Create a curriculum where basic mathematical and literacy skills are promoted and mastery skills are developed. Children will develop fluency and reasoning skills in maths that they can apply across the curriculum, literacy skills that allow them to actively and confidently express themselves, as well as a life-long love of reading that allows them to broaden their life experiences.
- Ensure that subject coverage is clear, broad and focused on key concepts so that children know what it takes to be a successful in each specialist field.
- Promote inclusion in all we do. Quality first teaching will challenge and support all learners. Reasonable adjustments will be made to reflect a child’s stage in their learning journey, making the curriculum accessible for those with disabilities or special educational needs.
- Ensure that each subject has a clear progression plan that is rigorous and coherent, where subject content builds on previous knowledge and skills. Connections will be carefully planned by teachers to allow retrieval and to deepen children’s understanding. Expectations for achievement at each stage will be clear and measurable.
- Empower subject leaders to further develop their subject knowledge to ensure that subject pedagogy is based on evidence based research and has a high impact on achievement.
- Through promotion of our Christian values, we will support our children by creating a safe and open environment where they can be creative, imaginative and explore their curiosities. We will ensure the curriculum allows them to develop as confident individuals who are aware of how to keep themselves safe both physically and mentally.
- Ensure lessons foster and nurture confidence and ambition. Planning will allow children to develop resilience and perseverance
- Our curriculum will be relevant to the needs of our learners. All opportunities will be taken to develop their understanding of diversity and to expand their cultural capital so that they can become responsible, respectful and active citizens who can contribute positively to society.
||Social, Emotional Development/ British Values
||Moments that Matter
||Living our Faith
Themed weeks (e.g: wellbeing week)
Marking of events in the Christian Calendar